If you are looking to add PowerPoint to your audio files, you must have a Microsoft 365 account. These steps will show you how to record your audio and embed in Synapse.
1. When working on your PowerPoint in Microsoft 365, click on Open in Desktop App
2. In the Desktop App, click on Insert > Audio > Record Audio. Complete this step for each slide you'd like to add audio to.
3. You'll then see an Audio icon added to the slide.
4. Return to the web version of Microsoft 365 and click Resume Editing Here
When you are ready to Embed your PowerPoint as an asset in Synapse, follow these steps:
1. Open up the 365 file that you'd like to embed, and navigate to the left menu. Click on Share and then Embed.
2. Copy the Embed Code and paste into a document or notepad on your computer, there are some slight modifications you will need to make.
3. This is an example of what the iFrame copy looks like and what you’ll specifically need to copy and modify.
a) First, copy the URL that is in bold below:
<iframe src=“https://onedrive.live.com/embed?resid=A0D92634271F6047%21163&authkey=%21AIlEtdje1jozRXU&em=2&wdAr=1.7777777777777777” width=“350px” height=“221px” frameborder=“0">This is an embedded <a target=“_blank” href=“https://office.com”>Microsoft Office</a> presentation, powered by <a target=“_blank” href=“https://office.com/webapps”>Office</a>.</iframe>
b) Remove anywhere the URL has "amp;" as bolded below:
c) This will be the URL you’ll paste into Synapse in Step 4.
4. In Synapse, add an Embed asset and paste the URL in the Page Link field.
5. You will see a sample of the document appear in the editor and can change the height of the frame.
If you are looking to allow users to make changes to the embedded document, follow these steps:
1. In the Microsoft 365 document, you'll need to click Share and change the permissions for who can view and edit the document. Copy the Share URL.
2. In Synapse, replace the "Open URL" with the URL you have copied.
The most recent version of the file will then always appear in Synapse and your editors can click on Open in a new tab to be able to make changes to the document.