You can add multiple content assets, such as text pages, attachments or embedded links to each topic.
You add content to a topic in Synapse, by performing the following steps:
- Open the lesson in which you want to add content.
- Find the specific topic for your content (or add a new topic).
- Select Add Asset.
4. You will be presented with the option to select Editor, Attachment or Embed.
Types of Assets
- Editor - here is where you can add text based content that includes integrated images, hyperlinks, code snippets and more!
- Attachment - you can add images, videos, PDFs and other file types. For many types of files, a preview is available as well.
- Embed - this is a block of HTML code that links to external content, for example YouTube videos. We support embed for over 400 content providers via a partnership with Embedly. We also support content that is supported in an iFrame.
Assets are initially created without a title. The title can be changed by clicking on this the three dots to the right of the asset title and then select Edit title.
Every asset can be displayed in basic or expanded view.
You can change the asset type (e.g. from text to file), clear the content (removing it but leaving the asset type the same) or remove (delete) the asset entirely by clicking on the three dots to the right of the asset title.
If you choose Remove, the following dialog will appear: